The other morning I had just come home after a grueling 12 hour night shift. All I wanted was to get all my clothes off and crawl into my nice warm bed. I walked through the door expecting to be greeted by my sweet little puppy. He came bounding down the stairs all full of excitement, but when he jumped up to greet me he was acting like he was drunk. I thought he was just tired because it was early so I called him up to jump on me again. He was still acting funny, so I took a good look at him. The poor guy's whole face was swollen up! I ran upstairs to Jordan and asked him if Rex had been into anything to eat, or if he had fed him anything weird. Jordan was just as disoriented as Rex was, and was basically good for nothing. I grabbed my car keys and headed back out to the grocery store in search of liquid Benadryl before my poor puppy's throat closed off. One store no luck, two stores still no luck, it took store number 3 to just find some children's benadryl in liquid form. I figured it was better than nothing and headed back home. It took both of us to hold down the stupid dog and shove the medicine in his mouth (this being said about the dog who thought it would be tasty to eat a battery...Why he was refusing the medicine i'll never know) Finally 2 hours later and after 4 tiny syringe fulls of nasty cherry syrup we had a passed out dog and 2 passed out owners. We still don't know if he was stung, if he eat something, or if he just has weird allergies but he sure looked pretty dang funny. Being the wonderful pet owner that I am, I snapped a few pictures before I put him out of his misery. :)









2 Comments

  1. So weird! One time Indiana's face was really swollen. I never figured out what it was either. Knowing our naughty dogs they probably got into something they shouldn't have. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I think he ate some chips he shouldn't have because he never had any issues after this! Poor guys...it's worse because they can't tell you what's wrong.

      Delete