Today i'm doing a link-up with Miki at here about naughty dogs. She has two little englilsh bulldogs (well one is half english half french) that are always up to something naughty. She always has the funniest stories about them. Anyway, I happen to also have one very naughty dog. Our little Rex is 3/4 border collie and 1/4 pitt bull. He's one year old and the sweetest little thing, but for some reason has a hard time leaving the neighbor kids alone. We were outside playing one day, running, jumping, chasing balls, when a little neighbor kid comes skipping by. I see my little t-rex's ears perk up, and his eyes lock on this poor little neighbor kid. Now, Rex is usually a pretty good listener...except when he is chasing something. We only let him chase his ball, so this kid was a real treat. Rex starts running full speed towards this kid. He's not barking, growling, or in any way acting aggressive, he's just running. The kids takes one look at this huge dog coming after him and starts to run. Worst. idea. ever. Rex is now locked in the chase. I'm now screaming at the kid and chasing them both down the sidewalk "Don't run! Stop running and hold still!" The kid is looking at me with pure terror in his eyes, like I am a crazy woman for telling him to stop running from the dog. The kid gets to his house and books it inside without a glance back at either of us. I then stomp over to my 70lb dog and pick him up over my shoulder and march him home. I'm sure I looked like quite the sight.
           There's also the time he chewed holes in my brand new carpet.....twice. Or when he ripped open all the presents that I had just wrapped and placed under the christmas tree. Or when he ate a AAA battery whole while I was in the shower, and I chased him down butt naked with the hydrogen peroxide to make him throw it up. That was a fun vet visit "Ooooh you're the girl that called about your dog eating the battery? Yeah come right over here with me."
            We sure love our T-rex, but aren't our puppies such handfuls? I know I know just wait until we have a kid.










3 Comments

  1. Hahahaha! Rex is so naughty. If he and Shia and Indiana all met up they would form a naughty puppy gang. I just know it! I think our pups have lived similar lives! Shia ate a bag of charcoal once, I didn't have chase her naked but it was charcoal poops for days! Also Rex is like the CUTEST puppy ever. Your neighbor kids need to toughen up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! You seriously don't know how naughty a puppy can be until they eat something they're not supposed to. I feel like we should bring our dogs together and let them all play. Rex loves naughty dog gangs...actually any gangs at all. He loves other dogs, hates kids haha p.s. I want to pet indi's pointy ear.

      Delete
    2. Exactly! I still not one of those parents in denial - I am well aware that my pups are naughty! They have SO many stories. My next "Bad to the Bone" story is going to include a soccer game and Shia... Indie would love you to pet his pointy ear! He twitches it when I pet it, ha ha! I am down for a naughty dog gang play date! We will make that happen. They need to wear bandanas.

      Delete