This weekend was a crazy one for me. 45 clinical hours that have to be done on my own time is starting to wear me down. I met up with my nurse preceptor for a long 6pm-6am shift on Thursday night. Slept all day Friday and decided that I needed out of my bed and out of my house. I enlisted Jordan and his two sisters Amber and Lex out for fun hike to dog lake up Milcreek canyon. Once piece of advice when hiking to dog lake? Don't start the 6 mile round trip hike at 8:00pm. Other pice of advice? Don't wear TOMS as hiking shoes. Although it was a fun adventure, we didn't actually make it up to dog lake before dark. Hiking down in the pitch black of night with the threat of mountain lions and bear attacks going through your mind isn't all it's cracked up to be. We did have fun singing "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" by the Proclaimers to Lex on the way up. I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more...da da da da dum dum dum dum dum dum da da da da. She kept asking us what movie the song was from...Oh Lex.




^^ T-Rex ready to rock and roll with his constant companion his ball^^


 ^^Seriously can't get enough of my home tee. I'd stay in it every day all day and is basically my weekend go-to. Also, a portion of the profits go to MS research. Win-win. Get yours at thehometee.com ^^


^^ I love where I live ^^


^^searching for dog lake at dusk is always an adventure ^^



Next up on the list? McDonalds run. I don't claim to be a health nut. I basically run as much as I do to just keep off the pounds from all the junk food we eat. McDonalds being one of them. I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need to bite into a big juicy Big Mac. For the hubs? The new bacon habanero ranch quarter pounder with extra sauce. Judge us all you like, but it's just something in the fries that keeps us going back for more. And as always a large Dr. Pepper to share. Everything in moderation right? Rex even came along for the ride this time. He hopes to sneak a few fries when we aren't looking. (Who am I kidding? We feed him the fries.) I live for these weekends with the hubs without the responsibilities of school and work. It seems they are more and more rare these days.

^^Who's that handsome devil?^^

^^ A little T-rex action ^^


^^ Avid McDonalds supporters. ^^


Leave a Reply