I hope everyone had a safe and fun 24th of July. Pioneer day isn't really pioneer day around our house. It's my dad's birthday, so we end up doing more birthday themed things around these parts. We started out the day by taking my dad on a mountain bike ride. For the record I am NOT a biker, but I figured I would give it another shot because it was my dad's birthday. It actually ended up being a really good, fun, easy ride. I only fell once, and got some pretty good road rash all along the left side of my body. Next up on the agenda was a great breakfast at Kneaders with the family. After breakfast we ended up taking Deker with us back to the dog park for some puppy fun. To say he loved it would be an understatement. 
Next stop was to go see the movie "The Way Way back." I recommend everyone drop everything right now and go see it. So GOOD.
 Later that night, we had a huge combined soccer party for my dad and neighbor Trace. We ended up mostly on the floor with Deker rolling balls around while all the big kids played a gnarly game of soccer.
 I went home that night so dead tired. It was seriously so nice to just have a day off to spend it with my dad and husband. Happy birthday to the best dad anyone could have ever asked for. He's the rock to our family, and we are so lucky to call him dad! Thanks for the great day :) 

p.s. Unfortunately due to the huge risk of falling off my bike, I didn't have my phone or camera with me for any of the morning activities so you get to enjoy a bunch of pictures of Deker...which isn't so bad right?



















Leave a Reply