How Far Along:   17 weeks and one day

Size of baby:  5 oz (The size of an turnip? We are getting into the weird fruits/vegetables)

Total weight gained/lost:  Not sure now. I haven't weighed myself since my last dr's appointment, but it feels like a lot more weight that I'm carrying around these days.

Maternity Clothes:  Not yet! My pants still button up, and regular shirts still fit. Phew.

Gender:  Girl! :)

Movement: I'm feeling her every day! I first felt her on thanksgiving and now I get little jabs and punches all day long especially if I'm hungry. I love knowing she's in there moving around like a champ. 

Sleep: I wake up a least 3 times to pee still. Baby girl sits right on top of my bladder. She is also nestled in deep in my back so i'm having some insane back pain already. Nighttime is the worst because my body is so tired and achy already. Needless to say sleep is still hard. Bob (the body pillow) is a big helper though, he makes sure I don't roll over onto my stomach. Apparently stomach sleeping is a really hard habit for me to break. Luckily baby girl is tucked way back so she doesn't get too smashed when I end up on my stomach in the night.  

Symptoms:  Back pain, peeing all the time, itchy and dry skin, and I want to eat everything in sight! That's about it! I'm counting my blessings. 

What I miss:  Is it weird that I miss tuna fish? I want a good tuna fish sandwich. 

Cravings: Still Mountain Dew. That's about it. I got some caffeine free Mt Dew so I can drink all that I want. 

Best Moment this week:  Hearing my little ones strong heartbeat and hearing her move around at work yesterday. I could listen to it all day. 

What I am looking forward to: Finishing finals this week and finally getting into the full swing of Christmas! It's crazy to think that this time next year I will be an RN and have a sweet little baby with us to celebrate. I can't wait. 





Leave a Reply